Tuesday, March 6, 2012

You know you love this movie!!...Happiness Day 6



"My dad say's I'm the best french kisser in the 8th grade."

Sorry for the delay on writing, but I love this movie.  This movie reminds me a lot of my dad when I was a kid.  Not that he was Clark Griswald, but whenever my brother and I would go visit him, we always got thrown into the car for a family trip.  My brother, sister, and I would all be squeezed in the back seat or we were all put in the big family van (you know the kind with theater seats) and go on some trip somewhere.  Mostly it was during my Dad's time in Alabama, but whenever I see this movie it makes me think of my time with my dad.  We used to live overseas off base in Germany.  While there was no TV like there is today, we did have nothing but video tapes of movies gallore.  This was one of my favorites.

From the moment that Clark gets the Family Truckster to riding the rides at Wally World, this is the best vacation movie ever.  There are a billion lines worth remembering.  There are a ton of side characters that make you laugh throughout.  You can't go wrong watching Vacation.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment