Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Funday!!!....Happiness Day 11

When you live a "normal" person's work life, you get to have weekends off and enjoy your nights.  Me, I work nights and weekends, but I do get to have Sundays off.  Most people have the notion of Sunday Funday and try to live it up.  I normally get only one day off in a row.  If I get two days off in a row I must be 1000 miles from work.  It's okay though because I get perks that "normal" people don't have, but thats for another day.  Today is about enjoying the simple things in life and just relaxing with friends.

I moved to Charlotte with no idea of who I was going to living with.  I found out about a room for rent and agreed with just the press of the send button on my phone.  The guys I live with are great.  Even though I'm older than them by a bit, they're good housemates.  Granted it's four guys in a house, so you know that it can be messy and unclean.  Luckily for me I had an awesome step-mom who constantly was on my ass about keeping things clean when I was in high school.  I might not have her feeling on the level of clean, I do the best I can.

Today was one of those days in which you just enjoy life and your housemates.  I woke up a little groggy from the night before.  First drinks in 6 days.  I was pretty proud of myself.  Felt like ass, but it was needed.  After I treated myself to brunch, I came home and watched the end of the UNC/FSU game with the guys.  All of the sudden Noah brought up the idea of tossing washers.  If you're from St. Louis or went to college with anyone from St L, then you know about washers.  If you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, here's a picture:


It's an awesome game.  It's like tossing horseshoes and cornhole combined.  You don't have to worry about beanbags and big ass planks of wood.  It's not fun at the beach unless someone has a metal detector, but it works great on the lawn in good weather.  In college, we would play this on Saturday/Sundays at someones house and have beer and cookout and have a grand time.  (After studying was done, of course).  The scoring is simple, one point in the green, three points in the center.  Antoine and Ryann had never played before so we taught them. It was both funny and fun at the same time.  I kept thinking of the McEwans house back in college on the corner of Grand and Kimbrough.  That house was one of the best hangouts in college and I was happy to be a part of the fun times there.  Like Halloween one year.  Great times.  Anyway, back to the story.  As we were laughing at the guys inability to throw washers, Noah brought up the idea of going to the driving range and hitting golf balls.  This was mostly out of the idea that Ryann was so bad at throwing a washer, how much more fun would it be to see him hit a golf ball.  Noah is a golf instructor, so he knows a thing or two about golf.  I've hit a golf ball a couple of times, but I'm not good by any stretch of the imagination.

At the range, Noah helped each of us a bit on our swing.  Mostly the other two more than me.  I just needed to understand some of my mechanics.  Of course on the very last ball of the day, I hit the worst shot ever.  We all laughed and moved on to the next adventure for Sunday Funday.  We went and had an early dinner at an outdoor bar and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.  We talked about our plans for St. Patty's Day, but that's a secret so I can't discuss it (yet).  Normally I would end my Sunday Funday out at a bar for service industry night in Uptown Charlotte.  (It's what they call the downtown area here).  Tonight though, I decided that I had such a blast that I would end it with Walking Dead (WTF was that ending ending.  I get the first part of the end, but really WTF was that?) and some Family Guy/Simpsons.

Sunday Funday I have not seen you in a long time.  Usually the weather is bad.  Or I'm hungover and don't feel like doing anything.  Or I go to the movies and do a two for one special.  Today we got to meet again.  I loved seeing you.  I can't wait to do it again.  Happy weekend end everyone and enjoy your Monday.


And make sure you make your week happy and read these wonderful blogs:

Vodka Cranberry Clooney
The Gold Shoe Blog
That's Just My Opinion
My Sweet Addiction
Jen Talks A Lot About
Stellar Fashion and Fitness
Beautimousburger
Hugh's News

No comments:

Post a Comment