Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New tunes

This is what happens when I'm home and have the next day off.  Most people are up looking at stupid material on the internet.  Me, I'm looking and finding new music.  I stumbled upon a lady by the name of Brandi Carlile.  She has a wonderful voice and the music is great.  I'm not much of a country fan, but there is something a little different about her tunes.  Below are three songs that I liked right upon hearing them.  Of the three, one is a bit sad.  It makes me think about loves loved and lost.  That and being 100.  The other two make me think of my family.  The first one reminds me of all the women in my family, from moms to sisters to cousins to in-laws.  There is something about having southern women in your life that just makes you a bit better than anyone else.  The other song makes me think about those women and how they are all great mothers.  I hope you enjoy these tunes.  When I find more, I will get your ears a tuning.


Brandi Carlile - "100 Live at Bear Creek."


Brandi Carlile - "Hearts Content"


Brandi Carlile - "Just Kids"

No comments:

Post a Comment